Squirt designs are organized by “inseam length”- that is the distance between the toe bumps and the “happy knee spot”. There are basically three ranges- short, medium, and long. So your personal inseam is critical to choosing the right design. Generally Small is in the 24″-28″ range, Medium falls in the 28″-32″ range and Large is 32″+, thus there is some overlap. Use filters on the left to drill down to your perfect choices. Each individual Kayak page will display a measurements tab at the bottom, as well as a handy chart of all the boats, which is on the left of this page as well.
There are Hard and Soft chines. Soft Chines equals greater “sinakbility” (performing the “mystery move” and other underwater maneuvers). Hard Chines serve surface tricks such as flat spins and chartwheels and do not sink as well.
How to Measure Your Inseam
1) Find a partner to help you with this process.
2) You will need a tape measure and a large clipboard or thin large book.
3) Remove your shoes and back up against a convenient wall.
4) Place the book or clipboard between your legs with the edge square against the wall so that it acts as a T-square.
5) Raise the book ALL the way while maintaining the T-square effect. Raise it to the point of being just short of painful. Make sure your heels remain on the floor and ALL tissue is compressed to the pubic bone. Males in particular often mess up this measurement by not moving accessory tissue out of the way. The measurement needs to be from the pubic bone to the floor.
6) Have your partner measure and record the distance from the top of the book to the floor.